As per guideline given by AICTE and UGC, , a Library Committee is a general policy making body for the library service of the College which advises, the Syndicate on any matter connected with the Library service including funds, books, staff etc., allocation of funds for various subjects or purposes; writing off the unserviceable books or loss of books.” Library Committee renders advice concerning all Library matters. The entire College Library System is governed by the policies designed by the Library Committee where the Principal/ (Chairman of committee) of the College is at the Apex and other academics as its members. The College Librarian is the Secretary of the Committee. The function of the Library Committee is to support the functioning of the library so that it can facilitate the library development plans by advocating the library development activities with the management. The purpose of the Library Committee is to act as a channel of communication and dialogue between the College Library and its users. The Committee’s main objective is to aid in the establishment of a bridge between the Library and the academic fraternity and the institute management. The Library Committee (LC) is appointed by the Principal and is a statutory Committee.
- Facilitating communication with and obtaining feedback from the College community on library collections, programs, services, infrastructure, and communication mechanisms.
- To provide a forum for discussing College library and its community’s needs and expectations for information.
- To act as advocates for the Library in university‐wide decision‐making groups.
- To advise the library on policy matters concerning services, resources and facilities.
- To provide an opportunity to raise and discuss initiatives in the provision of library and information services.
- To facilitate communication between the Library and the community it serves.
The Committee within the framework of the overall strategic policies of the College shall:
- Advises and reviews library policies for instruction, resources, services, and the facility
- Advises regarding library services, especially innovation, for the campus community
- Discuss and evaluate budgetary issues for books, journals, databases, media, e-resources etc.
- Reviews benchmarking reports with peer institutions for resources, staffing, and services
- Ensures the library is connected with and supports the University’s academic programs.
- Represent the views of the Library’s stakeholders on library and information services
- Deliberate and advise on the direction and development of policies for library and information services to ensure the best possible support is provided
- Recommend new collections and promote contributions to link Institutional Knowledge at SIEM by SIEM community for the dissemination and preservation of SIEM’s intellectual and institutional knowledge
- Support the Library’s efforts in ensuring financial accountability and responsibility in the provision of library collections
- Propose and champion opportunities in bringing together SIEM community in the Library to advance knowledge and information sharing
- Promote the Library to the internal and external community
- Report to the Principal on significant matters
Tenure and Frequency of Meetings
- Members will serve a One- Three year term.
- Meetings will be held three times a year and special ad hoc meetings may be held as requested by members
Library Advisory and Co-ordination Committee Members
|Sr No.||Name Of Member||Designation||Department||Mob No.|
|1||Prof. (Dr.) Gajanan N. Shelke||Chairman
|2||Mr. Deepak B. Wadtele||Secretary||Library Department||9175550718|
|3||Prof. Subhash C. Sahoo||Member||Electrical Department||9439975500|
|4||Prof. (Dr.) Kamlesh Paswan||Member||Mechanical Department||8804442868|
|6||Prof. (Dr.) Pallavi V. Baviskar||Member||Computer Department||8999442096|
|7||Prof. Pritesh G. More||Member||Civil Department||9726006294|
|8||Prof. Amit Mishra||Member||E&TC Department||8975590171|
|9||Prof. Ananya A. Manwal||Member||ESH (First Year)||9423557723|
|10||Mr. Soham Bhadak||Student Member||Mechanical Engineering||9359750736|
|11||Mr. Mayur Patil||Student Member||E&TC Engineering||8767495255|