Sandip Institute of Engineering and Management (SIEM) Central Library is established in 2010. The library has developed an excellent collection of books, journals, magazines, newspapers. Library is located on the Second floor, having total area of 757 sq. mtr. It has very wide range of collection of more than 22,000 books these include handbooks, dictionaries, standard reference books, quality textbooks. The collection has been Classifed as per the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) system and a according arranged it subject wise.It also provide an access to the 50 National / International journals & Magazines.
The library has open access i.e. the students are allowed to enter the book stack and choose. The students can also avail the reading room facility, which has a seating capacity of around 180 students. Library uses KOHA (Library automation) software, along with barcode technology. Library has taken Membership of The Institution of Engineers of India (IEI), National Digital Library (NDL) and also is the Member of DELNET Database.
1. To support the educational and research programme of the institute by providing physical and online access to information.
2. To serve as a resource centre and aims to develop a comprehensive collection in a variety of formats of Books and Journals useful for the students and faculty.
3. To procure the necessary information in the form of Books and Knowledge and make it available to all the beneficiaries including students and faculty at all times.
- Developing, organizing, and maintaining a collection that attempts to meet the needs of our users.
- Creating a conducive learning environment to research, Innovation and entrepreneurship. Education, research and service strengthen and enhances.
- By developing collections, facilitating access to information resources, teaching the effective use of information resources and critical evaluation skills and offering research assistance.